In just a few days we’ll finally be welcoming you to BerlinSwim 2016!
In the following we give you the most important and relevant information for the day. Please take a moment to read it as it has important details for competition day. Should you have further questions you can always reach out to us via Email or in person at the event.
Please be advised that photos and videos will be taken during the entire event.
Safe travels, and we’re looking forward to seeing you here!
The BerlinSwim Team
For your information:
- BerlinSwim – Protokoll – results (PDF)
- BerlinSwim2016 – Heat Sheets (as PDF)
- BerlinSwim2016 – Info for the Event (the information of this post as PDF)
- Map of the SSE aquatics center for BerlinSwim2016 (as PDF)
Online maps of our venues are available on our website here:
Friday: Check-in at Hafen Bar from 18:00 – 22:00
Bar Hafen Berlin | Motzstraße 19 | 10777 Berlin-Schöneberg
Subway station U Nollendorfplatz: U1, U2, U3, U4. Bus: 106, 187, M19.
- Please do NOT bring any luggage to Check-in. As we have many registrations to handle, there will not be enough space for everyone to store their luggage.
- If you do not make it to Check-in on Friday, you’re welcome to complete your check-in at the aquatics center on Saturday.
Saturday: The Competition
Schwimm- und Sprunghalle im Europasportpark | Paul-Heyse-Straße 26 | 10407 Berlin
S-Bahn station S Landsberger Allee: S41, S42, S8, S85, S9. Tram: M5, M6, M8. Entrance to the aquatics center is directly accessible from the S-Bahn platform.
1. Admittance / Locker Rooms / Competition Office
- We recommend to arrive via public transport (Station: Landsberger Allee). From the S-Bahn platform you can access the aquatics center directly. Please look for signage that directs you to the swimming pool. At the end of the tunnel swimmers should report to the lower floor (locker rooms) and visitors to the upper floor (stands).
- Swimmers can enter the area officially at 10:30. We’ll try to open the aquatics center earlier as soon as the pool area is cleared around 10am, but we cannot guarantee this.
- There is a limited supply of lockers, and each locker requires a 2-Euro coin as a deposit.
- Visitors and swimmers may seat themselves around the pool deck as well as on the stands. From 13:00 the diving area will also be opened.
- The competition office will be located at the Info-Desk.
2. Warm-up / Break
- Warm-up is allowed before the competition start and during the break, in all 10 lanes in both the 25m competition pool and 25m warm-up pool. Please note that lanes 0 and 9 in the competition pool will be reserved for starts and sprints (one-way).
- The lanes 0 and 9 for the warm-up pool will be reserved for slow swimmers.
- During the competition, swimmers will be allowed to warm-up in all 10 lanes of the warm-up pool. Unfortunately a distance of 5 meters from the center divider must be kept at all during while in the warm-up pool — the area within these 5 meters will be off-limits.
- Warm-up is allowed in the competition pool until 11:15. At 11:20 we’ll begin the opening comments and at 11:30 the meet begins.
- Due to the large number of swimmers, we’ll need to begin the second half of the competition promptly at 15:45.
3. The Competition
- There will be a marshalling area for every swimmer and every event. Please report to this area in time for your heat.
- The one-start-rule is in effect.
- Due to the large number of participants we ask that swimmers only leave the pool just after the sound of the horn of the next heat. Please leave the pool from the side and not over the touch-pads. We ask that you not unnecessarily touch the touch-pads.
- Please do not use the bridge as a walkway through the pool during the competition and instead, walk around the pool.
- All swimmers of a team are required to report through the marshalling area. Only teams in full attendance will be allowed to proceed to the starting blocks.
- Relay swimmers are asked to leave the pool from the side, without interfering in the other relays nor touching their touch-pads.
- Please be advised that according to the competition regulations of the German Swimming Association (DSV) cheering is not allowed from the starting blocks. Note that teams not in compliance may be subject to disqualification.
5. Info-Desk / BerlinSwim Beach / Massages / Exhibition
- At the Info-Desk you’ll be able to receive information to Berlin nightlife, buy tickets for Irrenhouse by Nina Queer, or buy additional brunch tickets.
- Starting around 13:00 we’ll open the diving pool area with “BerlinSwim Beach,” where swimmers may choose to lounge around and even enjoy a bit of a splash. Use of the diving pool will be at your own risk. Unfortunately the diving boards and platforms will not be open for use.
- Also starting around 13:00 there will be 2 massage therapists at your service for an additional cost.
- On the stands you may also enjoy a small exhibition touching the theme of gay and lesbian athletes.
Sunday: Brunch from 11:00 – 14:00 and City Tour
Arminiusmarkthalle | Arminiusstraße 2-4 | 10551 Berlin-Moabit
Subway station U Turmstraße: U9. Bus: 101, 123, 187, 245, M27, TXL.
- At brunch there will be plenty of space for a coat check as well as luggage storage.
- From 12:30 Sigrid Grajek will dazzle us with her performance — don’t miss out and be there on time!
- After brunch we’ll begin the city tour. Please register at email@example.com if you have not yet done so. Please let us know if we should need to store your luggage during the city tour.
In Case of Emergency, Please Call Us
We are here for you should encounter any emergencies. Lukas (+491636350757) and Stephan (+4917655152474) will be your emergency contact numbers. Please note that
I can’t find the party is not an emergency. 😉
Phew, that’s a lot of info. Enough for now — see you soon!